Alcohol and Craving
Total CE Credit Hours: 5
Course Info URL: http://www.ce-credit.com/courses/100624
This course will soon be terminated. It expires in 6 days.
To complete this course for credit, your exam must be successfully completed by Oct 21, 2019.
About the Course:
A collection of articles devoted to the important interplay of alcohol and craving, from Alcohol Research and Health the peer-reviewed quarterly journal of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Approximately 60 pages of text.
- What Is Craving? by Raymond F. Anton, M.D.
- Assessing Craving for Alcohol by David J. Drobes, Ph.D., and Suzanne E. Thomas, Ph.D.
- Functional Imaging of Craving by Daniel W. Hommer, M.D.
- Approaching Avoidance: A Step Essential to the Understanding of Craving by Mary Jo Breiner M.S., Werner G. K. Stritzke, Ph.D., and Alan R. Lang, Ph.D.
- Medications and Alcohol Craving by Robert M. Swift, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cognitive Concepts of Craving by Stephen T. Tiffany, Ph.D.
- Does Urge To Drink Predict Relapse After Treatment? by Damaris J. Rohsenow, Ph.D., and Peter M. Monti, Ph.D.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
Volume 23, no. 3, 1999
This course is recommended for social workers, counselors, psychologists, and other human services and behavioral health professionals who seek knowledge about alcohol and craving. It is appropriate for participants with intermediate to advanced levels of knowledge about the topic.
Identify methods for assessing craving and the potential clinical benefits of assessment.
Demonstrate knowledge of the defining features of cravings and the implications for treatment.
Understand the role of craving in unhealthy alcohol use and relapse.
Understand the importance of inter-connected approach and avoidance inclinations in the phenomena of craving.
Demonstrate knowledge of the behavioral, cognitive and physiological components of craving.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of CE-credit.com.
If you're already a member, please login to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.