No Mind Left Behind: Understanding and Fostering Executive Control - The Eight Essential Brain Skills Every Child Needs to Thrive
Total CE Credit Hours: 7
Course Info URL: http://www.ce-credit.com/courses/101330
About the Course:
A top child psychologist explains the eight essential cognitive skills every child needs in order to thrive.
In this revolutionary new book, Dr. Adam J. Cox describes how to enhance learning by revealing the latest research on Executive Control Skills:
- Initiation: Organizing thoughts well enough to get started on a task
- Flexibility: Learning to adapt as situations unfold
- Attention: Focusing long enough to retain important information
- Organization: Managing space to promote forward momentum
- Planning: Managing time
- Working memory: Memorizing information long enough for it to be learned
- Self-awareness: Having both sufficient self-knowledge and an understanding of how one is seen by others
- Regulating emotions: Expressing feelings in proportion to the events that elicited them
Discussing each skill in detail, Dr. Cox offers tools and techniques to enhance every child’s capability, including children diagnosed with special needs.
September 4, 2007
This course is recommended for health care professionals, especially psychologists, counselors, social workers, and nurses who seek knowledge about executive control skills in children and how to help enhance them. It is appropriate for all levels of participants’ knowledge.
Explain how young minds function and how that functioning relates to the eight pillars of capability.
Describe the concept of initiation and the advantages of flexible thinking.
Identify how enhancing attentiveness and planning skills leads to more effective executive functioning.
Analyze and critique information presented regarding short-term memory and self-awareness.
Apply concepts presented regarding the importance of self-control to mental health and educational work with children.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of CE-credit.com.
If you're already a member, please login to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.